Friday 4 September 2009

The Road Clip

The RoadYou may watch below a few preview clips of John Hillcoat's The Road:


The Road - Bad Guys

That clip of the Road was quite intense... More preview clips below:


The Road - Taking a bath
The day before the apocalypse.



The Road - We did good
The man (Viggo Mortensen) and his son find a cache of food.



The Road - Never killed a man
The man (Viggo Mortensen) encounters a gang and is forced to negotiate with their leader (Garret Dillahunt).



The Road - Catch us
The wife (Charlize Theron) explains to the man (Viggo Mortensen) that those hunting them will eventually catch up to them and kill them.



The Road - Last Man on Earth
The Man (Viggo Mortensen) talks to a fellow traveller (Robert Duvall) about God.



The Road - Dream
The Man (Viggo Mortensen) dreams about his past life.



The Road - He's a God
The man (Viggo Mortensen) discusses sons with an old man (Robert Duvall) he meets on the road. The old man is happy to see a child still exists.

This movie adaptation of the Road isn't a bleak as the novel written by Cormac McCarthy. But still it conveys the same distress! Viggo Mortensen and Kodi Smit-McPhee are amazing in their roles.
:)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow ! what a movie, the book is very serious, it will make us all think ...what kind of legacy will we leave to our children...we're all in the canoe together and everyone has to paddle...Aloha, L

Unknown said...

What legacy will we leave to our children?

Eduardo said...

I can't wait to see this movie... I loved the book so much. I have high hopes.....

From Brazil...

Anonymous said...

waiting forever for this movie

Chad.. a father from canada
we can change our course if we all work together

Unknown said...

this was a wonderful novel and judging from these clips the movie will do it justice. It is just as I pictured it when I read it!!! Very moving.

Quinn Jones ( QuiJon ) said...

the book left me a father in tears...having a son of my own I would die for him. I hope the movie does the book justice

Otter said...

I could not put this book down and I read it every month or so...like many of his books it centres around a journey, either actual or metaphorical,which cannot have a happy ending. One hopes and hopes as the book goes along - in this case, even though you know there can be nothing much waiting for the pair you still feelfor them as they travel...you know the father isjust building the boy's hopes up for something better in the south and when they get to the coast, to keep him going.As a mother I understand this. The man will do anything to prevent his son suffering any more than he has to.
I cant wait to see the film, but it willnot be true to the book.Already I am disappointed, because the boy is far older and wiser than I imagine when reading the book. I put him at about 7, but in the film he looks and acts about 10, and he acts too streetwise, which in the book he isnt and which of course he couldnt be.
But still, I do look forward to seeing how the film has been directed etc...
Thanks for making these clips available!